Green Pass

Starting from 1/09/2021 all university students must have the COVID-19 Green Pass certificate in order to attend lessons in person.

In any case, students are required to use masks while they attend lessons in presence and they must respect the safety distance of 1 meter from one another. Also, students with a temperature equal or higher than 37,5 ° are not allowed to access any university building.

Further info here and here.

How can I obtain the Green Pass certificate?

In one of the following ways:

  1. By getting vaccinated (even one jab is enough) with one of the COVID-19 vaccines approved by the European Medicine Agency. Those are: Vaxzevria/Astrazeneca, Pfizer/Bionetech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson; further info here
  2. By testing negative to a molecular or antigenic test in the last 48 hours
  3. By getting recovered from COVID-19 in the last six months

What’s the procedure to obtain the Green Pass certificate?

Please visit the website of the Italian Ministry of Health here

What if I cannot get the COVID-19 vaccine?

People who for certified medical reasons cannot get the COVID-19 vaccine have the chance to request an exemption certificate. Please refer to the Health district Office in Pisa to know how you can obtain this kind of certificate. Their email is

For general info about COVID-19 in Italy please see here

What if I have a Green pass obtained abroad?

You can use a Green Pass obtained in the following countries:

  • EU and the Schengen Area countries
  • San Marino and Vatican (for vaccine only on the basis of EMA approved vaccines, except for derogation for citizens of San Marino vaccinated with Sputnik, until 15 October 2021)
  • Canada, Japan, Israel, United Kingdom (European territories), USA: these Green Passes are not verifiable through the “VerificationC19” app.

How can I obtain an italian Green pass if I got vaccinated wih an EMA approved vaccine abroad or if I recovered abroad from COVID-19?

In this case there is a form to fill out and through which you can upload your vaccination certificate or your recovery certificate so as to obtain the Green Pass. You may find it here

Your recovery/vaccination certificate must be in English or Italian otherwise it must be translated through sworn translation

What if I got a vaccine not recognised by the European Medicine Agency?

If you got injected with one of the vaccines that are not recognised in the European Union (such as Sinovac or Sputnik V) you can obtain the Green Pass by receiving an additional single dose (“booster”) with a mRNA vaccine in accordance with the following doses:

30 mcg in 0,3 mL if you get Comirnaty (Pfizer/BioNTech); 50 mcg in 0,25
mL if you get Spikevax (Moderna)

In order to get the booster you must have completed your full primary vaccination course from 28 days to 6 months (180 days) ago at the most.

In the event that you have completed your vaccination cycle more than 6 months ago you can obtain your Green pass by receiving a new complete vaccination cycle with a mRNA vaccine. Same if you did not complete your previous vaccination cycle.

Official info in Italian here