After I finish the Foundation Course, do I have to get back to my country and apply for a new Visa?

Not necessarily.

If you complete the Foundation Course within the scheduled time and your Residency Permit lasts long enough, you might apply for the renewal of your Residency Permit without the need to get back to your country and to apply for a new Visa. If you renew the Residency Permit, you will be considered by the University of Pisa as an EU equated student, which means that if you apply for a bachelor’s degree, your application will not be included within the reserved spots set aside for non-EU students.

For further information please contact the Immigration Office, which is responsible for the release and renewal of the Residency Permit:

Back to top