How do I pre-enroll in the Universitaly portal to obtain a Study Visa?

To apply for a Study D visa you must:

  • Check online the requirements to apply for the Visa
  • pre-enrol online via the Universitaly portal. Pre-enrolments for the A.Y. 2021-22 are open. In the application, you must indicate the University of Pisa and choose the degree program you want to enrol in. You will also need to specify the Embassy / Consulate where you will apply for an entry visa to Italy. The pre-enrolment application will be verified by the University of Pisa and forwarded to the Embassy / Consulate you have specified;
  • contact the Embassy / Consulate well in advance to find out the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and make an appointment if necessary.

Important: an entry visa for tourism cannot be used to enrol at the university or to obtain a residence permit for study purposes. Instead, you must apply for a Visa type D for study purposes

If the Embassy/Consulate offers this service, also apply for the issue of an official Italian tax code (codice fiscale).

Back to top